Lilly Belle is finally home!

Discussion about the Walt Disney World Railroad
Castor Oil
Engineer

Re: Lilly Belle is finally home!

Post by Castor Oil »

Just came across this video. Sounds like they've got the blower pretty cranked, all the more so considering it's while the engine is working steam on the steepest grade of the line.

P.S. I take it that dumpy-looking box behind the cistern is where they hide the CPU?
[i]"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."[/i]
tweetsie190
Brakeman

Post by tweetsie190 »

where was she? Tweetsie? (I love you Tweetsie...)
Howdy Folks, and Welcome aboard the Tweetsie Railroad!

"What Responsible Driver would stop, as if he were at a roadside layby? It's Rule 55, you can't do it!" -Rev. W. Awdry
Bruce R Pier
1000 post Engineer

Post by Bruce R Pier »

Strasburg

tweetsie190
Brakeman

Post by tweetsie190 »

Bruce R Pier wrote:Strasburg

oh. :| I thought it was Tweetsie because the Locomotives got repairs there before, I actually went to Tweetsie on Wendsday, 6-21.
Howdy Folks, and Welcome aboard the Tweetsie Railroad!

"What Responsible Driver would stop, as if he were at a roadside layby? It's Rule 55, you can't do it!" -Rev. W. Awdry
jbponzi
Brakeman

Post by jbponzi »

My wife and I have returned home from a visit to WDW. We were there 10/4 - 10/10. One of the first evenings found us at the MK and the WDWRR was still running. We were able to ride the last train of the evening boarding at Main Street and disembarking at Fantasyland. Since I was too busy recording video of the train pulling in to MS, it wasn't until we reached Frontierland I realized Lilly was our motive power.

She looks and sounds wonderful.

Upon arriving at Fantasyland I had just enough time to reach the front of the train and a brief moment to talk with the fireman. When asked about how she is working, he responded with a thumbs down. Said the day prior she had 34 shutdowns and the new monitoring systems have made her fussy to operate.

Curious to hear what others have heard or experienced.
Justin
Denver Express
Brakeman

Post by Denver Express »

jbponzi wrote:
She looks and sounds wonderful.

Upon arriving at Fantasyland I had just enough time to reach the front of the train and a brief moment to talk with the fireman. When asked about how she is working, he responded with a thumbs down. Said the day prior she had 34 shutdowns and the new monitoring systems have made her fussy to operate.

Curious to hear what others have heard or experienced.
It's pretty much the same thing I've been hearing since she returned. I agree she's still beautiful all around.

Do you remember what day of the week it was that you saw and rode her train? It's my understing that she's used only if they need that third train on the mainline on busy days, like weekends etc. Last time I was there was Tuesday May 9th, and I was hoping to see her again but no luck.
jbponzi
Brakeman

Post by jbponzi »

I sure do remember which days Lilly was out. The night we rode with Lilly was Sunday night 10/8. She was out on the mainline on Tuesday the 10th too, along with Roger. The first night we went to MK was Wednesday 10/4 and just missed Roy for the last run of the night.
Justin
Cannonball7
1000 post Engineer

Post by Cannonball7 »

jbponzi wrote:When asked about how she is working, he responded with a thumbs down. Said the day prior she had 34 shutdowns and the new monitoring systems have made her fussy to operate.
Lucky for the WDWRR crew, "Walter" is current getting the same wonderful refurb. :roll:
Cannonball7
1000 post Engineer

Post by Cannonball7 »

So, here is a nice video of the WDWRR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv7Iab8YoFg

...with the exception of the last segment where the engineer is having real trouble getting "Lilly Belle" out of the Fantasyland Station.

On a different subject, this is the first time I've noticed the huge electrical junction box under the cab on the engineer's side. Not only does it block the view of the driver, but all the loose wire is just 'bad show'.

Is this new or did it come back from Strasburg that way?
Cannonball7
1000 post Engineer

Post by Cannonball7 »

Answered my own question...the box was not on her when she first got back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv7Iab8YoFg

Any cast members know what is going on?